Monday 25 August 2014

Lyndam Gregory - a good friend

Just heard that a friend of mine Lyndam Gregory has sadly passed away following his long battle with lung cancer.  I met Lyndam while recording The Archers, but he was also an actor on Coronation Street and East Enders.  But I really got to know him well while on an ‘Archers Cruise’, where we spent three weeks together onboard a ship that travelled to various ports of call on its way to West Africa.  We were inseparable mates, both on the ship and exploring the various stops on our journey, and we both talked our heads off, setting the world to right and all that kind of stuff.  He was a talented actor, but more than that he was a wonderful human being; sensitive and caring of other people, especially his family.  He was always talking fondly about his wife and daughter, and had some pictures his little girl had drawn for him proudly pinned up in his cabin.  We kept in touch over the years mainly by email, and we both meant to get together again sometime and catch up, but life I guess kept getting in the way and now it’s too late.  Lyndam sent me a video though he made while on that cruise, so I can still remember what an amazing time we spent together then.  I’ll miss him.

3 comments:

  1. This was lovely to read! I very clearly remember my Dad spooling off about how amazing that cruise was! He often talked of the sunsets and how much fun you all had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to read your post. I remember Lyndam telling me about the cruise and how much he enjoyed it, also how much he enjoyed being on The Archers. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to read your post. I remember Lyndam telling me about the cruise and how much he enjoyed it, also how much he enjoyed being on The Archers. Thanks

    ReplyDelete