Thursday 22 August 2013

Poem of the week

I have written a great deal of poetry over the years; some was commissioned for various plays and projects, some were in the form of  poetic text in the body of a play, and some I just wrote because I wanted to.  I’ve kind of given up trying to get them published, and so I thought I may as well just put them out there and see what people think.  So I’ve decided to post a poem every week, and where appropriate include a short paragraph explaining the idea or inspiration, and from then on simply list the collection name.  So here’s the first one from a play called Tango Apocalypso - a book of poetry, commissioned for The Shysters Theatre Company for their play, Tango Apocalypso.  The poetry was there to inspire the action and plot, which was a mixture of mime and dance, and was about 'love' - the poems ranged from romantic to loss, from comic to tragic and everything in-between.  The audience were handed copies of the poetry at each performance.


YOU'VE GONE


You've gone

But you've left your print on my life,

I can hear you laugh through the roar of the traffic

And feel the touch of your hand

In the middle of the night.

I turn over, wandering how you can still touch me

Even though you're gone...

It makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment